Lighting issues

1- Version: 5.5
2- System: Windows/Mac: Windows Alienware i9, 64GB Ram with RTX 3080 12GB GPU
3- Account: Basic/Premium: Premium
4- Screenshot if possible

5- Describe the issue:

Question 1: I have box check for default state. I have created a scene called Default Scene. It is supposed to just have all lights turn a steady color Purple. I activate a reaction. The reaction is designed to cycle for 10 seconds and it does. Upon completion, or the Reaction cycle all the lights just remain on the last color displayed (red) and the lights do not return to the default state. I am running Govee RGBIC Bluetooth and Wifi capable lights.

Question 2: Why can Govee lights have rapid cycling scenes in their app, but not in the Lumia Stream app. If I set a reaction to less than 1.0 sec, the lights do not react based on the time programmed and Lumia Stream App freezes and I have to shut down and restart. The Govee lights are absolutely capable of complex rapid custom scenes, why doesn’t your app allow for this as well. Or is there a way to import the Govee app scenes in to Lumia Stream?

Final Question, I am trying to pair a TP Link Kasa Smart Strip with Lumia Stream. During the search it does not find the device, can you send my link with instructions on how to achieve this thanks.

Running Govee Lights
4 sets of H619C’s
1 set of H6087 Barrel Lights
1 set of H6056 Bar Lights
All Bluetooth/Wifi

Thank You
Tony Lebron
Lumia Stream Affiliate

Easy question first answered: Govee may be capable to do these things but they don’t give us the the power to use it. It is on behalf of their API that we can’t support fast mode on them. Feel free to reach out to them and ask them why they limit your lights when using an api. :smiley:

Now your problem: Make sure “turn on dynamic default” is unticked on the default state page and that your scene is not a living scene (also I don’t think living scene is working with Govee)

Thank you for your prompt response, Sam. I already had the Turn on Dynamic Default” box unticked as in your recommendation. The issue seems to be that the Lumia app isn’t coming out of the reaction cycle in the time frames it is configured for. If a reaction is set to run for 10 seconds, upon completion it should return to the default state, which in my case is a single steady color for all the lights linked to the system. However, this doesn’t happen and if it does it is very inconsistent. In a real world streaming environment, viewers are consistently executing chat commands, channel point redemptions and triggering alerts. To all of which are there to enhance the streaming experience of the viewer. If things don’t work on a somewhat consistent basis, viewers are lost. I love the concept of the app and know I am working with a machine that can handle these demands with breaking a sweat. This freezing of lag within the app transitioning from one action to the next even occurs when utilizing test mode as well. I saw a video tutorial (Lumia YouTube page) where Lumia had the ability to import scenes from the light manufactures app. This would be ideal for the Govee lights to simply access the built in and custom themes from the mobile app.

I did have a third question that wasn’t addressed about the TPlink smart product that I would like to revise now. How does the tplink device communicate with Lumia to activate actions? is it through the device’s built in Wi-Fi address tplinkXxxx that shows up only when the device is in setup mode? Or is it supposed to be via the standard wireless connection setup in the home that everyone accesses there Wi-Fi from? BTW I’m using the HS300 Smart Power Strip from TPLinkwith Kasa.

Lastly, can you identify what strip led lights from the Lumia supported list are going to deliver the best consistency/connectivity with the app, while providing all the patterns and high speed sequences (rapid flashing multi color patterns) that are included with the lights native mobile app?

Thank you

Thank you for your prompt response, Sam. I already had the Turn on Dynamic Default” box unticked as in your recommendation. The issue seems to be that the Lumia app isn’t coming out of the reaction cycle in the time frames it is configured for. If a reaction is set to run for 10 seconds, upon completion it should return to the default state, which in my case is a single steady color for all the lights linked to the system. However, this doesn’t happen and if it does it is very inconsistent. In a real world streaming environment, viewers are consistently executing chat commands, channel point redemptions and triggering alerts. To all of which are there to enhance the streaming experience of the viewer. If things don’t work on a somewhat consistent basis, viewers are lost. I love the concept of the app and know I am working with a machine that can handle these demands with breaking a sweat. This freezing of lag within the app transitioning from one action to the next even occurs when utilizing test mode as well. I saw a video tutorial (Lumia YouTube page) where Lumia had the ability to import scenes from the light manufactures app. This would be ideal for the Govee lights to simply access the built in and custom themes from the mobile app.

I’m sorry to hear that your set up lights don’t do what you want them to do. But I can asure you that it is most likely just a wrong setting or a checkbox ticked which shouldn’t. We all run the Lumia app all day long and for 99% the lights do what we want them to do.

Unfortunately I don’t see your app and need to get all the infos and corners where something can hide by questioning :wink: That needs a bit of time and research. But I bet we will get there.

So please show me screenshots of the following: You chat command, your reaction, your default state and your log when you trigger it…maybe trigger 2 commands and show what it is showing. The log is on your dashboard bottom right (colored boxes)… open the chat command and reaction with the edit pen please for the ss.

About Govee and native scenes: Thats the same issue as with the reaction speed. Govee doesn’t give us the hand over it. Their API is limited to the minimum features. So we can’t code something or do a workaround as Govee is cloud based. And tbh cloud based lights are not good. Not only for Lumia also not for Networks and stuff as they phone home every few seconds. Producing unneccesary traffic and who knows what they take with them home to an unknown location in China or else where :slight_smile: But thats just my opinion of that politics.

You connect TPLink lights like most other lights just by clicking connect in Lumia. Choose TP Link and they should appear in the list.

LIFX and Philips Hue are the best we have had yet. They both support native scenes.

Sam,

The Blog app says new users can only have a single attachment to a response. I have taken several as you requested. Is there another way to get them to you for your review?

As requested. The screenshots. I just finished a 2 hour stream and the CALL THE POPO was redeemed and nothing happened. I stop and restarted Lumia three times to no avail. I’m currently only running 2 channel point redemption via Lumia at this time, because I dont want to add any others until I can get these to work properly. Thanks for looking into this for me.

:smiley: This board is fairly new and I think it’s kind of a spam protection. Try again please. I raised your trust lvl.

If that doesn’t work I would recommend to come on Discord and open a ticket, where you can upload the ss easily :wink:

Sam,

As requested. The screenshots. I just finished a 2 hour stream and the CALL THE POPO was redeemed and nothing happened. I stop and restarted Lumia three times to no avail. I’m currently only running 2 channel point redemption via Lumia at this time, because I dont want to add any others until I can get these to work properly. Thanks for looking into this for me.

100%75%50% image
100%75%50% image
100%75%50% image
100%75%50% image
100%75%50% image
100%75%50% image
100%75%50% image
100%75%50% image
100%75%50% image
100%75%50% image
100%75%50% image

cancel

Your “new-popo” reaction is only set to 1 second. Is that intented? Of course 1 second with 2 colors is just a quick flash which Govee cant handle. Because it will divide with 2 and 0.5 seconds is way to fast for Govee.

You don’t have a reaction with the name flash. I guess you renamed them and forgot to change it in your OBS alerts.

This topic was automatically closed after 13 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.